Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Rome An Eternal city

Rome is the capital of Italy and the capital of Lazio. This city is a special Commune. It is situated on the Tiber River inside the Lazio area of Italy, in the central western portion of Italian Peninsula. The place is referred to as "the eternal city", the concept expressed by ancient poets and writers. The beauty and culture of city depicts the vast and rich past of country.
Roman culture was always a favorite subject of mine. I got overjoyed when I got chance to visit Roam and learn roman culture. I had visited this place before two year. I love to visit those places which have a rich past. Though I visited Italy many times, but due to some or other reason I was unable to visit Rome till date. Before two years when I got chance to visit this place I become very excited like kid. This is a perfect historical destination and a very calm place to spend holidays.

After deciding the destination place, my main and important task was to book airline tickets and reserve hotel rooms well in advance. We had a group of three girls and our trip budget was pre decided and we don't want to cross our budget line, so we decided to buy tickets from some cheap airline flights. As it is a famous tourist destination hence many international flights like Air France ply their service to this destination. We listed best flights to Rome and gathered their fare and facilities details. One of my friends told me that during the peak time leading airlines ply cheap flights to Rome, I inquired about these flights and after a long session of negotiation and discussion I succeed in buying cheap tickets to Rome.
Finally on the decided date we reached to this rich cultured city. The architecture of city gives glimpse of history. The architecture of city has developed a lot, mainly from the Classical and Imperial Roman Style to the modern Fascist architecture. The city gives plenty of historical places to visit and a history loving person surely loves this place.

During this trip we had visited number of beautiful places such as the city wonderful Palaces, basilicas and old churches, lavish monuments, graceful fountains, beautiful statues etc. The historic center of city is UNESCO world heritage site. The city has ultimately rich heritage, multinational atmosphere and the entire thing make this place a perfect and most visited destination. A tour will never be completed without having shopping. We buy lots of traditional items from here for our loved ones like traditional jewellery, traditional garments and other items. The trip to Rome was fantastic trip of my life and we had great fun there.