Monday, December 3, 2012

Visiting the City of Light

In the age of enlightenment, Paris was the main center for education and ideas. From that time onwards the city has earned a nick name City of lights as it played an important role in spreading the light of wisdom and knowledge into the minds of thousands of people. It has an important role in shaping the western culture and philosophy. That could be the reason for the organizers of a philosophical convention to select the city as the venue. 
As I got an invitation to participate in the seminar, I was so thrilled. More than participating in a world conference, the fact that I can be at Paris made me happy. Along with philosophy I am interested in fashion too. Hence a visit to the world’s fashion capital was a god sent opportunity for me.

I did not waste a single second after getting an invitation. I have collected the airfares from different airlines. Though there are many cheap flights to Paris, I am not very particular about cheap plane fares. In that case, I feared that I could not be there on time. Hence I asked my agent to book the ticket in any one of the flights to Paris like Air France, irrespective of fares.

When I landed at the airport, there was a huge crowd despite the fact that it was midnight. Paris never sleeps. It cannot sleep as visitors are rushing all over the day. The locals are busy in receiving and entertaining their guests. As my hotel was already booked, I went there directly to have a nice sleep after a long tiring journey. 
After attending the seminar, I decided to roam around on the streets enjoying the city life. Many restaurants and pubs were there to make your life more energetic. Meanwhile I have visited many places such as Palace de Bastille, Palace de Concorde etc which are the symbols of ancient architecture. I got an opportunity to visit the famous Tuileries Garden which has been constructed originally in the 16th century on the banks of Seina River. The landscape was a perfect blend of ancient and modern designs and it seems to be a unique one.

Apart from sightseeing, the city has many cultural activities too to attract crowd. The world famous Paris Opera and the modern Opera Bastille are the two opera houses. I was lucky to witness some spectacular performances in these two places.

Whatever you talk about Paris, it will not be complete without mentioning about fashion. Fashion shows are a regular thing here and many people are coming to see and participate in such shows from all over the world. After the introduction of cheap tickets to Paris the crowd has increased considerably. If you have spent at least a day in this city, you will not forget the experience in your life time. Then how can spent the whole fortnight I have spent there? Anyway I am not satisfied with that and planning to visit the city once again.