Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Spending a nice weekend getaway at Atlanta

I frequently travel to Atlanta for business. This is the place where I like spending much of my time. I am from New York and consider Atlanta to be a nice weekend getaway destination for me. I usually prefer traveling by AirTran Airways because most of the time I manage to get low fares for my flights to Atlanta. It only takes 2 hour 45 minutes for me to reach Atlanta from New York. I planned my trip in a way that it became a fantastic leisure-cum-business trip for me.


I usually prefer staying at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, near Princeton Lakes Court. The price of hotel rooms is modest. This is a wonderful property to stay in when on pleasure ore business. The property has a beautiful, large deck overlooking a small lake which is used for slalom water ski training. You’ll have great chances for some lake entertainment as well.

I had already decided that this visit of mine would be more of a leisure weekend getaway, rather than for business. After spending a comfortable night, I was ready to visit some of the popular landmarks in Atlanta. I first headed to the Centennial Olympic Park. This is a beautiful park and you’ll love walking through it. When you are traveling in the summer it would be absolutely wonderful to spend your evenings here when the weather is nice.

George Aquarium was my next destination. It is one of the largest aquariums in the world. It has a wonderful and gorgeous architecture. The Ocean Journey exhibition was thoroughly enjoying. Here I got to see whale sharks, manta rays and hammerhead sharks.


I then paid a visit to the World of Coca-Cola. This is right next door to the George Aquarium. My visit here was good. Here you’ll get to know how the Coke giant was established. You’ll see the Coke historical artifacts. If you are traveling with your kids, the 4-D movie shown here would attract them and they are really going to like it.

Atlanta is really nice, and it surely makes for a nice weekend getaway. It is one of my favorite cities and I would love visiting it again.